Bonefish & Tarpon Trust
Terry Atamian will be attending and participating in the Bonefish & Tarpon Trust Big Apple Dinner.
BTT is a group of concerned anglers and guides who want to preserve their way of life. Scientists working to answer questions about these popular and elusive gamefish. Bonefish & Tarpon Trust is this and more. It was formed in 1998 by a group of anglers, guides, and scientists in the Florida Keys who wanted to learn more about bonefish and tarpon in order to enhance their dwindling populations.
“Being a sport fisherman this organization is very close to my heart. I strongly urge people to join the organization and participate in their events. Their worldwide conservation efforts are inspirational. “
“Cuba: The New Frontier”
Featuring a Blue Ribbon Panel Including:
Robert Rubin, Dr. Aaron Adams, Luis Menocal and Bill Andersen
and 90 Miles, the newest film by Will Benson
Celebrate the latest updates on BTT’s work around the world. Proceeds from the banquet supports their scientific work and various conservation efforts taking place all over the world.
When and Where:
- Wednesday, April 1st, 2015 | 6:00PM to 9:30PM
- Union League Club
- 38 East 37th Street
- New York, New York
To conserve and enhance global bonefish, tarpon and permit fisheries and their environments through stewardship, research, education and advocacy, as well as:
- Serving as a repository for information and knowledge related to the life cycle, behavior and well being of bonefish, tarpon and permit.
- Nurturing and enhancing bonefish, tarpon, and permit populations.
- Supporting research on bonefish, tarpon, and permit behavior and life cycles, and on bonefish, tarpon, and permit fisheries.
- Providing educational material to the public and fishermen
- Working with regulatory authorities and the public to ensure that the laws protecting these species are enforced
- Interacting with government agencies to assist in the management and regulations related to bonefish and tarpon.
BTT has grown to include concerned anglers from over 20 countries, researchers from throughout the world, and guides committed to working with BTT in order to educate anglers and gather data while on the water. Our continued success can only be guaranteed by your generous support and that of your fellow anglers. Please help us in our mission by joining, and urging your friends, guides, captains, and fishing clubs to join.
CLICK HERE to join!
Terry Atamian’s Sportfishing Blog is dedicated to all aspects of the sport and the organizations he supports for the betterment of the environment and oceanic concerns.
If you have an organization or event you want us to broadcast here please contact us by CLICKING HERE.